The central library of BUC is located in the students’ activities building.The library covers an area of 600 m2.
Working hours: 9 am- 4 pm
Telephone number: 0228650400
The central library at BUC will be a radiant cultural beacon serving the community, inside and outside the BUC
We ensure having an advanced modern library that provides a proper knowledge sources whether paper based or digital formed to provide reliable information in various ways to support the academic and research demand.
- Participating in improving the level of education and academic research at the university.
- Providing an easy access to the resources and services of the library.
- Meet the demand of student and academic staff to support education, learning, research and personal development.
- Motivating the students to use the library on a larger scale and promoting self- learning.
- Working continuously to find new ways to provide better services.
- Discussing influential topics by holding symposiums that benefit individuals and society.
The central library of BUC has 3 halls:
1 – The main hall: This hall is the largest existing hall, it harbors the activities of the digital transformation of books available in the university libraries, in order to make it available to the users inside and outside the library via OPAC. This hall has many reading seating areas. It also has the largest number of different titles for all specializations for each college.
2- The first sub-hall: This hall is used to hold various seminars inside the library. It has (52) chairs attached to tables. It also contains 24 (twenty-four) shelves containing a great number of books in different fields such as administration, languages, history and medicine. It also contains four computers for students, faculty members, visitors, and library officials for library’s database entry.
3- The second sub-hall: This hall contains (40) chairs attached to tables. There are also a number of books in different fields such as: medicine, history, dentistry, and engineering. It also contains four computers for students, faculty members, Visitors and for the library administrators.
Electronic library services
The electronic libraries contain a number of computers that serve the beneficiaries at the same time. The goals and policy of the Central Library at BUC are in line with the university’s policy towards electronic orientation by providing its services in an automatic form.
The digital transformation in the central library at the BUC began with the Koha library management system. Koha is an integrated system that includes all modern library activities and and supports work in the environment of the international network of information.
Digital Library services
The digital library consists of several windows, the most important of which are:
– Search: to allow searching in databases, according to keywords, subject, author name or title.
– Electronic books and periodicals: Search a large number of electronic books and periodicals.
- For Internal and external books borrowing you should present the BUC (ID).
- It is allowed to renew the borrowing of any book only once and only after referring to the library administration.
- The library holds the right to refuse to renew the borrowing of any book if it is required.
- The borrowers must return the books that’s been borrowed with the same condition they received from the library.
- The borrowers are obligated to compensate for the damage or loss of any book, thereof by buying an alternative copy of the same edition
- The borrowing period is one week for each book.
- The library administration has the right to deny anyone who violates its instructions, rules, public morals or ethics to benefit from its services.
- If the borrowers fail to return the books on time, the following measures will be taken:
– The library notifies the delayed borrowers and it has the right for the denial of re-borrowing.
– Whoever fails to comply with the borrowing period is fined according to what the administration approves.
– The borrower’s result will not be announced until getting back the books or paying for it.
|Category||The number of book titles|
|School of Nursing||452|
|School Physical therapy||260|
|School of Pharmacy||359|
|School of Linguistics and Translation||587|
|School of Business & Economics||1682|
|School of Dentistry||149|
|School of Engineering||550|
|School of Applied Arts||221|
|School of Filmmaking and Performing Arts||570|
|Total Arabic titles||4522|
|Total English titles||4307|
|Gifting and exchange books||109|
|The total number of titles and copies in libraries||19930|