Basic Science Labs
- Electrotherapy Lab
This lab is used for teaching the hands-on applications of how, when, and why the therapist should choose and adjust the different parameters on various electrotherapy devices used in physical therapy. This is decided according to the various signs and symptoms to be treated, and the goals to be achieved when managing different clinical cases and conditions, thus developing the students’ practical and intellectual skills.
- Hydrotherapy Lab
This lab is used for training the students on the application of different hydrotherapy modalities involving: total / partial immersion and non-immersion techniques. This will allow the students to practice live monitoring and understanding the different physical and physiological effects of hydrotherapy techniques. At the same time highlighting the important safety measures that should be considered when using different hydrotherapy modalities.
- Biomechanics Lab
This lab contain functional models of all joints and parts of the body. It provides a graphic demonstration of the anatomy and mechanics of all body joints, allowing better physician-patient understanding. The lab also has models and anatomical charts that demonstrate normal and pathological cases.
- Tests and Measurements Lab
The tests and measurements lab provides all tools needed for measurements to carry out anthropometric measurements. Also scoliometer and inclinometer that are used to measure the amount of deformities and imbalance in the musculoskeletal system. There are a wide range of motion devices. Such as the cervical range of motion instrument (CROM) and the back range of motion instrument (BROM). The students offered the opportunity to practice the use of different dynamometry systems to measure the muscle strength. There is also a digital pain algometer that measures pain through a soft wave system.
- Manual Therapy Lab
In the manual therapy lab the students are offered the opportunity to use the Adapta Summit manual therapy table. The mobilization items to increase their hands on experience. The M2T blades also offer the students a wide variety of tools with different sizes and shapes to use for soft tissue treatment.
- Therapeutic Exercise Lab
The therapeutic exercises lab enables the students to explore new field of exercises through the use of different devices and machines, such as: the ankle and wrist weight set, the weight bar set which offers variable resistance which are rarely present in other labs, thera-bands sets also offer training experiences with different elastic materials, the shoulder wheel, the pulley system, the quadriceps bench, reciprocal units, treadmills and cycle ergometers.
- Orthotics Lab
The orthopedics lab is specialized in teaching several physiotherapy courses:
- Orthotics and prosthetics
- Physical therapy for traumatology and Orthopedics surgeries
- Physical therapy for pediatrics and pediatric surgery
- Physical therapy for neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry
- Pediatric Lab
The pediatric lab is specialized in teaching several physiotherapy courses:
- Physical therapy for pediatrics and pediatric surgery
- Clinical physical therapy training for pediatrics and its surgery
- Rehabilitation, Occupational therapy for children
- Women Health Lab
Physical therapy for Women’s health specialized in dealing with women during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period in addition to dealing with the diseases and routine physical care of the reproductive system for women and girls.
This lab serves physical therapy for:
- Gynecological and obstetric disorders and its surgery course.
- Clinical physical therapy training for gynecological and obstetric disorders and its surgeries course
- Electrotherapy course
- The Internship year.
Physical Therapy Clinics serves all patients free of charge. We are equipped with novel, most valuable and highly advanced physiotherapy devices which are used in the treatment and rehabilitation of various musculoskeletal conditions such as: sports injuries, bone and spine problems, pain, stiffness, arthritis, tendinitis, muscular and ligamentous injuries, pre and post-operative rehabilitation approaches.
We offer advanced treatment for different neural conditions such as: inflammation of the seventh nerve (facial paralysis), various paralysis cases, cases of peripheral neuritis and referred pain. Furthermore, lymphedema of the arm and leg after partial or total surgical excision of the lymph nodes.
The clinic opens its doors to students, staff and the public Saturdays to Thursdays
From 9am to 3pm
BUC Campus, School of Physical Therapy, Gate 3
Landline: 02-28650400 Extension: 1225
Medical Nutrition Clinic
The BUC Medical Nutrition Clinic offers nutrition counseling and treatment for a variety of conditions such as: obesity, underweight, sport nutrition, hypertension, diabetes and dyslipidemia.
The goal of The Medical Nutrition Clinic is to develop nutrition strategies to help achieve and maintain positive health outcomes such as:
- Stabilized blood glucose levels
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Weight loss & maintenance
- Optimal Energy
- Adequate vitamin and mineral intake
- Elimination of gastrointestinal symptoms – bloating, abdominal pain, and abnormal bowel movements.
The clinic is equipped with state of the art INBODY analysis machine, along with experienced dietitians. We provide our patients with tailor made programs to help them achieve their goals.
It is our priority to keep close follow up with the patients until we make sure that they reached their goals.
We run complete laboratory tests related to each condition sun as diabetes, cholesterol levels etc…
Pediatric physical therapy helps children improve their movement and motor skills. Our physical therapists provide compassionate, individualized care for each child at conveniently located clinic in BUC campus. If your child is having problems with age-appropriate movements, from sitting and crawling to climbing on the playground and getting into the car, we can help.
Our physical therapists are specially trained to evaluate and treat developmental conditions, muscle issues, joint problems, and neurological conditions. Working with a physical therapist can enable your child to:
- Improve his or her strength, coordination, and balance
- Develop age-appropriate gross motor skills
- Increase flexibility, range of motion, and endurance
- Improve safety, independence, and general mobility
- Learn new skills or regain previously mastered skills
- Relieve pain
- Restore his or her mobility after surgery
- Maximize mobility for those with conditions that affect the muscles, bones, or joints
Our play-focused approach around engaging games and exercises. Don’t be surprised if your child looks forward to each appointment.
Pediatric conditions we treat
- Birth defects (Brachial plexus injury)
- Cancer-related conditions
- Cerebral palsy
- Delays in gross and fine motor development
- Genetic problems (Down syndrome, Torticollis, spina bifida)
- Head injury
- Injury, most commonly due to sports activities, which may include sprains, strains, fractures, or broken bones
- Limb deficiency
- Muscle disease
- Bell’s Palsy
Conditions we treat at our clinic are:
- We receive musculoskeletal disorders patients such as; patients with Degenerative joint diseases: (E.g., knee OA).
- Post immobilization disorders: (fractures of spine vertebrae or peripheral limbs)
- Post-surgical rehabilitation: (Hip & knee Arthroplasty, internal fixation, tendon & ligamentous repair)
- Cervical and lumbar spine disorders & surgeries: (e.g. ankylosing spondylitis, Post lumbar Laminectomy, Spondylolysis, Spondylolysis)
- Postural disorders: (e.g. Scoliosis Mechanical neck& back pain, upper &lower crossed syndrome)
- Inflammatory disorders: (e.g. Impingement syndrome, Supraspinatus tendinitis, Achilles tendinitis, Planter facilities, Tennis elbow)
- Ligamentous injuries: (e.g. MCL sprain, LCL Sprain, ACL Sprain, ACL Reconstruction, PCL injury, PCL Reconstruction.
- We receive Neuromuscular Disorders patients such as: Spinal cord Injury (SCI), Paraplegia, Stroke, Facial palsy, Polyneuropathy, cervical & lumbar discogenic lesions
Woman health Clinic
Physical therapy for Women’s health specializes in dealing with women during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period in addition to dealing with the diseases and routine physical care of the reproductive system for women and girls.
- Biofeedback therapy:
Biofeedback is a technique you can use to learn to control some of your body’s functions, such as your heart rate. During biofeedback, you’re connected to electrical sensors that help you receive information about your body.
This feedback helps you make subtle changes in your body, such as relaxing certain muscles, to achieve the results you want, such as reducing pain. In essence, biofeedback gives you the ability to practice new ways to control your body, often to improve a health condition or physical performance.
Biofeedback is indicated for many cases:
- Vaginal cones
Vaginal cones are weighted devices consisting of a set of 5 weights, varying from 20 gm to 70 gm designed to increase the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. The intravaginal weight provides the sensory feedback for the desired pelvic muscle contraction. The sustained contraction required to retain the weight within the vagina increases the strength of the pelvic floor muscles.