To be the national , regional and international preeminent faculty of pharmacy transforming human health through innovations in education ,practice, and scientific research .
To provide best in class education , training , and life-long teaming opportunities for students and graduates , while creating , disseminating and applying up to date knowledge based on research and practice in the pharmaceutical, social and clinical sciences to improve health .
1 . Excellence: We strive for excellence in all what we do.
2. Professionalism: We fosterprofessional growth for faculty and staff and create a culture where faculty and staff are recruited into career opportunities in our school.
3. Community: We are dedicated to those we serve; our students, our patients, and society .
4. Collaboration: We seek and value collaboration and interdependency throughout all aspects of what we do ; the education and training of our students; the provision of patient care ; scientific discovery , and the generation of new knowledge.
5. Innovation: We bringing creative ideas to life to enrich student learning and improve human health
6 . Leadership : We promote leadership and professional development among our community to anticipate and prepare for the future .
1. To develop knowledge based programs and promote skills necessary to contribute to the health care scheme of the country.
2 . To pursue qualitative criteria for admission aimed to accept a limited number of students each year to ensure individual attention .
3. To facilitate the acquisition of knowledge , skills and attitudes by promoting the methods of self-learning and substituting traditional lectures by discussions, debates, seminars and
4 . To graduate drug specialists and experts that would serve as vital links between physicians and patients and can influence the industrial development of drugs and pharmaceuticals and able to develop themselves.
5 . Continuous improvement of research support and quality.
6. Foster and increase diversity and inclusion within the BUC
7. Support division- specific strategic priorities
Faculty of Pharmacy at BUC offers two programs:
Students attend any of the two programs according to what they choose, and the scientific orientation done and according to the way they will fulfill the conditions for registration set by the school Board.
The study period to get the bachelor’s degree is five years for both programs according to the universities regulation law no.49 on 1972 and its executive list.
The study in English in both programs and some courses may be taught in Arabic.
The two programs offered by the Faculty are in accordance with the regulation system of credit hours system throughout the study semesters.
الخطة الاسترشادية لبرنامج الصيدلة الاكلينيكية
الخطة الاسترشادية لبرنامج التصنيع الدوائى
Prof. Dr. Mohamed ElShanawany
Thank you for visiting the web site of the faculty of pharmacy and pharmaceutical industries at Badr University in Cairo. It is my pleasure to welcome you to this site that contains extensive information about our programs, our staff and various student services.
The Faculty offers two programs, clinical pharmacy program and drug manufacture program. I am excited to be leading group of outstanding faculty members, have a tradition of excellence in pharmacy education and cooperate with them to prepare our students for a future that will bring continuing change to the practice of pharmacy. In order to be ready for this inevitable change, part of our mission is to prepare our students for lifelong learning, and to be leaders in all areas of pharmaceutical care, particularly managing drug manufacturing, drug therapy and counseling patients on the proper use of medications, making sure they are as healthy as possible.
In the next few years, achieving this goal will require us continue to improve our students’ education through revision to the curricular structure and experiential activities enable them recognize their skills and accomplishments through this appropriate academic credential.
Among our many strengths is a large body of committed and engaged expertise who share their life experiences with our students which provides the “excellence” required of a world-class program.
Acceptance to the faculty of pharmacy at Badr University is highly competitive and the students admitted represent tomorrow’s leaders in the pharmacy profession. I kindly invite you to browse through our web site to learn more about what we have to offer. Once you do, I am confident that you will realize that our faculty is populated by outstanding students and staff that are moving the profession of pharmacy forward to new heights.
Prof. Dr. Mohamed ElShanawany
The faculty have 6 lecture halls
Capacity of each hall 150 students
The faculty have 15 laboratory for practical lessons
§ Organic chemistry
§ Analytical chemistry
§ Pharmaceutical chemistry
Microbiology & pharmacognosy
Fall Semester Schedule 2018/2019
Final Exam Timetable – Fall 2018 – 2019