To be the pillar of Egyptian nursing profession impacting on the health of the society through excellence in nursing education, research, practice and community service.
To provide educational strategies that help students acquire problem solving, evidence-based practice, knowledge and aptitudes needed to provide culturally sensitive health care. To be the core of quality care following the principles of individual and long-life learning To meet the changes and challenges as well as opportunities that are influencing nursing development.
Endorse and uphold the principles of cultural humility and sensitivity, working in partnership with the communities it serves to co-create mutually beneficial relationships and improve health outcomes.
1. Educational programs and student engagement Goal:
Develop high quality educational programs to prepare nurse clinicians, educators and scientists for leadership in a global dynamically changing and culturally diverse healthcare environment.
1. Align academic programs and curricula with current and emerging health workforce priorities, implement process of curricula review/revision to ensure continuous quality improvement.
2. Design and implement a comprehensive and holistic admission process for selection of students .
3. Promote student and alumni engagement to advance learning, scholarship, and professionalism and the mission and vision of FON.
4. Graduate practice clinicians who are the preferred hires of BUC clinical partners.
5. Engage the recruitment, retention, engagement and satisfaction of educational staff.
2. Professional Excellence
Goal: Excel in educational practices, clinical practice and clinical scholarship
1. Increase interprofessional education learning and practice opportunities.
2. Enforce opportunities for interprofessional faculty practice and learning within the health system to advance collaboration and engagement of faculty and students in clinical leaning environments.
3. Promote scholarship and professional development of clinical faculty.
4. Offer professional development programs that advance practice, foster entrepreneurship, enhance professional specialization.
Goal: Excel in high-impact, innovative research and entrepreneurial activities that transform healthcare and improve health
1. Consistently ranks in the top 5 national Faculties of Nursing
2. Build professional reputations in areas of current health funding (critical care, prevention and promotion of endemic diseases, management of nursing service, maternal and new born health)
3. Increase research faculty productivity
4. Resources and Sustainability Goal: Generate new and optimize existing Faculty resources to advance the mission of FON Objectives:
1. Increase visibility and importance of FON- research originality, undergraduate and future graduate programs, community and global partnership, scholarship and service, faculty, students and graduates.
2. Consistently employ sound financial practices and strategies to ensure the sustainability of the FON through professional development programs, faculty expertise and academic reputation,
3. Optimize physical space to align with academic priorities
4. Improve university technology resources to insure optimization of existing resources and identification and effective utilization of new resources to support FON strategic plan
Full time Academic staff
The Faculty of Nursing at BUC offers a general nursing program adopting a general curriculum that structures the principles and educational objectives to give the student a broad background. In addition to the general nursing education courses the students acquire specialized foundational courses and specialized knowledge and skills in a systematic and stepwise manner which deepens their understanding of the society and culture as well as the nature of Nursing.
Practical training starts from the very first level to ensure that students learn while relating to scientific knowledge in nursing and actual real events exposure. The training sites cover a wide range primarily focused on health, illness and community- oriented institutions.
The program is designed in such a way as to plant the seeds for having all students continue to grow on into the future in their capacity as nurses of various specialty areas.
Students are qualified for the license in Egypt and for the national examination in various countries of the world and can continue their education in highly specialized nursing areas.
Degree: BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
Level one Semester I:
Level one Semester II:
Level two Semester I:
Level Two Semester II:
Level Three Semester I:
Level Three Semester II:
Level Four Semester I:
Level Four Semester II:
Dean address to Students of the School of Nursing – Badr University
You have decided to select a profession which is full of opportunities, challenges and strengths and will place you in the forefront of the health care team. Your role in health promotion, prevention of illness, patient advocacy and improvement of the health care is limitless.
Nursing is not easy and demands that you have the courage and the will to develop academically and persevere in helping others to achieve their optimum health through a humanitarian, ethical and safe provision of care.
Best wishes for a bright future
Facilities and Resources available at the Faculty of Nursing
A total of 7 classrooms that can accommodate 750 students and 3 seminar rooms to accommodate 75 students
A computer lab is available for 36 students and an anatomy lab for 24 students at a time.
The Faculty of Nursing is also utilizing 4 Nursing labs equipped with teaching models representing different patients and with the possibility of practicing nursing procedures and providing care. Models are also available for cardio-vascular resuscitation and baby delivery as well as for providing newborn care. Anatomical models are also displayed in the anatomy lab.