Product Design Department
Media Design and Graphics Department
Interior design and furniture Department
Textile Engineering Department
Cinematography and Television Department
Apparel and fashion Department
Ceramics and Glass Department
· Students are distributed according to their wishes and their GPA at the end of the Foundation level Added to their grades in two qualifying courses pertinent to their selected department.
– Textile Engineering Department:( Design Basics; Mathematics)
– Cinematography and Television:
( Physics; Computer Graphics1)
– Apparel and fashion Department: (Drafting; Museum Studies)
– The use of computers and digital technologies in the processes of creating ideas, designs and product presentations through developing the student’s modeling and simulation ability.
– Training the student to explore new materials and manufacturing techniques to create future product concepts
The program contains a number of highly specialized courses… Areas of specialization
1 – Industrial and product design offices
2 – Digital and Interactive design Technologies
3 – Design for the special needs products.
4 – Ecological and Environmental Product Design.
• Developing students’ cognitive, mental and professional skills that enable them to express visuals using modern media, graphics and images to suit the target audience and the needs of the surrounding environment.
· Adapting variety of tools and materials in the production of different graphic designs in innovative ways.
– The program contains a number of highly specialized courses…
Areas of specialization
· Printing & Digital design
· Broadcast designs(in TV, videos studio)
· Visual Image developer
Graphic design occupations
· Academic faculties and Institutes
· Governmental organizations
· Newspaper and magazines
· Printing houses
-Developing the ability to imagine and design different practical solutions
-Analysis of interior design, furniture and development of operational plans
-Ability to analyze projects and manage its implementation processes
-Ability to evaluate design output and its development
The department offers a broad area of specialization where the graduate can choose between a number of different areas within the specialization according to his or her personal abilities and preferences such as:
· Interior design and architectural solution development.
· Furniture design and development of operational solutions according to different spaces.
· Operational drawings and engineering consultancy
· Pursuance of projects and technological analysis
· Complementary areas of interior design materials and furniture
· Television and theatre design. The program contains a number of highly specialized courses.
· Application of scientific thinking skills in tackling the textile industry problems
· Developing traditional craftsmanship
· Linking educational processes, practices and training in conjunction with industry
· Textile production plant in the field of (design, engineering, production, planning testing, quality control, marketing, Dyeing, printing, finishing, merchandizing, etc….)
· Testing and Inspection laboratories.
· Design and fashion centers.
· Research centers.
· Private designing houses
· Private business (Importing, exporting textiles, spare-parts, machinery)
· In the field of crafts (handmade carpets, printed fabrics, etc…….)
-The program contains a number of highly specialized courses…
· Preparation of the designer capable of keeping up with the lines of fashion in terms of trends and market needs.
The program contains a number of highly specialized courses… . (Hyperlink to the program courses in details )