Be a source of purposeful creativity and design innovation.
A global level of competitiveness., an ability to exercise focused research in solving industry, society and environment problems with adherence to design professional ethics.
1. Provide specialized designers equipped with creative capabilities in design and related technology.
2. Offer highly developed programs addressing the national standards.
3. Achieve a national reputation for exemplary and challenging design education.
4. Promote student success
5. Expand outreach and service to the community
• We embrace diversity and inclusivity in culture, identity and perspective; we are
open, approachable and welcoming
• We pursue excellence in our practices, and in our support for our learners,
faculty, staff, and external partners
• We are deeply committed to experimentation, free enquiry, and research to
maintain the strength of our community.
• We foster independence and liability; we value transparency and endorse
highest levels of specialized & ethical standards.
• We are thoughtful agile risk takers; we believe in a celebration of our creative process.
• We are committed to being a student-centered institution. we consider first what best serves the education and well-being of our students.
The faculty has employed outstanding professors , who establish and enrich the faculty reputation.
Teaching Assistant :
Product Design Department
Media Design and Graphics Department
Interior design and furniture Department
Textile Engineering Department
Cinematography and Television Department
Apparel and fashion Department
Ceramics and Glass Department
· Students are distributed according to their wishes and their GPA at the end of the Foundation level Added to their grades in two qualifying courses pertinent to their selected department.
– Textile Engineering Department:( Design Basics; Mathematics)
– Cinematography and Television:
( Physics; Computer Graphics1)
– Apparel and fashion Department: (Drafting; Museum Studies)
– The use of computers and digital technologies in the processes of creating ideas, designs and product presentations through developing the student’s modeling and simulation ability.
– Training the student to explore new materials and manufacturing techniques to create future product concepts
The program contains a number of highly specialized courses…
Areas of specialization
1 – Industrial and product design offices
2 – Digital and Interactive design Technologies
3 – Design for the special needs products.
4 – Ecological and Environmental Product Design.
• Developing students’ cognitive, mental and professional skills that enable them to express visuals using modern media, graphics and images to suit the target audience and the needs of the surrounding environment.
· Adapting variety of tools and materials in the production of different graphic designs in innovative ways.
– The program contains a number of highly specialized courses…
Areas of specialization
· Printing & Digital design
· Broadcast designs(in TV, videos studio)
· Visual Image developer
Graphic design occupations
· Academic faculties and Institutes
· Governmental organizations
· Newspaper and magazines
· Printing houses
-Developing the ability to imagine and design different practical solutions
-Analysis of interior design, furniture and development of operational plans
-Ability to analyze projects and manage its implementation processes
-Ability to evaluate design output and its development
The department offers a broad area of specialization where the graduate can choose between a number of different areas within the specialization according to his or her personal abilities and preferences such as:
· Interior design and architectural solution development.
· Furniture design and development of operational solutions according to different spaces.
· Operational drawings and engineering consultancy
· Pursuance of projects and technological analysis
· Complementary areas of interior design materials and furniture
· Television and theatre design.
The program contains a number of highly specialized courses.
· Application of scientific thinking skills in tackling the textile industry problems
· Developing traditional craftsmanship
· Linking educational processes, practices and training in conjunction with industry
· Textile production plant in the field of (design, engineering, production, planning testing, quality control, marketing, Dyeing, printing, finishing, merchandizing, etc….)
· Testing and Inspection laboratories.
· Design and fashion centers.
· Research centers.
· Private designing houses
· Private business (Importing, exporting textiles, spare-parts, machinery)
· In the field of crafts (handmade carpets, printed fabrics, etc…….)
-The program contains a number of highly specialized courses…
· Preparation of the designer capable of keeping up with the lines of fashion in terms of trends and market needs.
The program contains a number of highly specialized courses… . (Hyperlink to the program courses in details )
The Applied Arts programs was designed and developed at Badr University to enable students to acquire basic knowledge and skills and to adopt high professional values and customs that follow academic standards developed in accordance with the National Academic Standards.
The Faculty of Applied Arts offers a range of programs for 5 years of study, after which the student receives a bachelor’s degree in applied arts.
Students must successfully pass a total of 170 credit hours in one of these programs in different scientific departments. A part of these programs is centered upon the development of IT skills for a number of 12 credit hours. Scientific writing and a final graduation project which covers 12 credit hours as well as fieldwork.
Faculty of Applied Arts of BUC offers 7 exceptional undergraduate programs to its students to keep up with most recent developments in the field of design .
These programs are instructed by outstanding academic members of staff. This team strives to establish an exceptional educational experience to become one of the leading and privileged educational institutions in Egypt .
The faculty awards the Bachelor of Science in Applied Arts in the following disciplines :
– Product Design
– Media Design and Graphics
– Interior Design and Furniture
– Textile Engineering
– Cinematography and Television
– Apparel and Fashion
– Ceramics and Glass
Foundation Level ( Preparation program for departments)
Courses of Interior Design And Furniture Program
Courses of Media Design And Graphic Program.
Courses of Textile Engineering Program
Courses of Product Design Program
Courses of Cinematography and Television program
Courses of Apparel and fashion Program
promotion and export
Prof. Ahmed Wahid Dean of the Faculty
My dear students:
It is my pleasure to welcome you all among the faculty of Applied Arts-Badr University, which we all cherish. I hope that this year will be a blessed year for you, for the college and the University, and for the rest of our beloved Egypt.
The Faculty of Applied Arts at Badr University is the epitome of design education in Egypt with its state of the art equipment and its distinctive and sophisticated learning environment that is in tandem with the latest technology trends. The faculty also provides top tier teaching staff which places the faculty of Applied Arts, Badr University among the best design institutes in Egypt and the Arab region.
My dear student of Applied Arts – Badr University, the faculty is privileged by having you and we welcome you among its members. Each of you has chosen a path that requires continuous effort, intensive training and practice with self-reliance in study, research and knowledge, and I am sure you are perfectly fit for the job.
The aim of the college is to prepare an innovative designer who is always able to work, constantly evolve, and who can befit the latest technologies of the era to his needs. The college will never spare an effort to provide the possible maximum educational services and an environment conducive to learning.
Egypt is in constant need of qualified designers who can develop and elevate our industrial and service sectors to a position where they are fit to compete head on with the fierce global competition while making sure that the solutions are compatible with our economic capabilities and with the Egyptian environment and consumer. For this to be achieved, continuous and serious training is required. To provide this, the College has endeavored to establish protocols of cooperation and agreements with various industrial entities, institutions and bodies with the main aim of providing training opportunities for its students to ensure their effective interaction with the labor market and its needs since the first years of study.
-Prof. Ahmed Wahid Moustafa
Professor of Design
Dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts
Dean CV (contact to CV)
Name: Ahmed Wahid
Current Position: Professor of Design and Dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts,
Badr University in Cairo.
Mobile (02) 01004968036
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Internet site www.ergo-eg.com, www.buc.edu.eg
Academic Degree University Country Year
Ph.D. Engineering Production Birmingham University England, UK 1986
M. Sc. Engineering Production Birmingham University England, UK 1982
M. Sc. Industrial Design Helwan University Egypt. 1978
B. Sc. Metal Work, Helwan University Egypt. 1973
Quality Assurance and Accreditation Activities:
· Qualified Expert in:
o Strategic Planning
o External Revision of Higher Education Institutions
o E-Learning Course Development
o Web Site Design
Education Enhancement Projects:
Manager, Design Ergonomics Information Center Financed by Higher Education Enhancement Projects HEEPF
Faculty of applied Arts has a number of workshops and labs that support the practical training in different department programs.
Computer labs equipped with professional computing facilities and high speed Wi-Fi
1St semester Schedule 2018/2019 (Cinema Program) 22/9/2018
Dr.Samia ( T ) R:105
Dr.Mahmoud ) R:105
DrSamia R:007 room
DrSamia R: 409
TA. Nada Zanaty L:228
First semester (Foundation) Final exams 2018/2019
Notes: Computer Graphics (1) (Practical) will be held starting the 22nd of December till the 27th according the schedule of the tutorials (each group on its time).
First semester (level 1) Final exams 2018/2019
Arch. Drawing 9:30 – 1:30
5/ 1 /2019
(Evaluation) R:344 9:30-2:30
(Evaluation) R:344 10:00-2:00
(Evaluation) R:105 9:30-12:30
(Evaluation) R:105 12:30-2:30
(Evaluation) H:139 9:30-2:30
(Evaluation) R:344 9:30-1:30
(Evaluation) H:103 9:30-12:30
(Evaluation) H:101 9:30-2:30
(Evaluation) R:004 9:30-12:30
Notes: ▪ Computer Graphics (2) (Practical) will be held starting the 22nd of December till the 27th according the schedule of the tutorials (each Dept. on its time).
Notes: ▪ Computer Graphics (3) (Practical) will be held starting the 22nd of December till the 27th according the schedule of the tutorials (each Dept. on its time).