The Medical Clinic
The BUC clinic offers comprehensive health care services to ensure the well-being of the entire BUC community. Everyone can benefit from medical advice, treatment, vaccines, pharmacy services, and recommendations for outside care.
- A patient’s satisfaction is not an offer, it is a patient’s right.
- Patient needs come first.
- Excellent customer service
- Prevent illness, relieve suffering, restore health and promote wellness.
- Create a positive work environment, as our staff should feel good about where they work and the jobs that they do.
- Respect for all cultures and ethnicities
- Open communication between providers and patients and between students, faculty and staff
- Collaboration with and in support of campus academic and service units
- Positive relationships with governmental health authorities and local medical organizations
- Continuous quality improvement throughout the organization.
- Medical Advice: Medical advice is available to all members of the BUC community, either through a visit to the medical services office or by phone, in case of an emergency. All BUC community members may visit the office in case of illness, general check-up or in the case of an emergency.
- Vaccines and Other Injections: Vaccination services are available at the medical services office on an appointment basis.
- Medications: Medicine is available through the medical services office, in accordance with BUC’s drug policy. Medicine is dispensed through a signed and stamped prescription from a BUC physician.
- Diagnostic Services: Laboratory and radiographic services are available (all chemical labs, ultrasound, Echocardiogram, ECG).
- Pre-placement Physical Examination.
Rules and Regulations
- Patients should always come to the clinic on an appointment basis, except in the case of an emergency.
- Large crowds cannot accompany emergency cases; a maximum of one colleague or family member is permitted.
- The patient must come to the office with the leaflet to attend medical examination form signed by his or her department chair or supervisor.