The clinic opens its doors to students, staff and the public Saturdays to Thursdays From 9am to 3pm
BUC Campus, School of Physical Therapy, Gate 3
Landline: 02-28650400 Extension: 1225
Medical Nutrition Clinic
The BUC Medical Nutrition Clinic offers nutrition counseling and treatment for variety of conditions such as: obesity, underweight, sport nutrition, hypertension, diabetes and dyslipidemia.
The goal of The Medical Nutrition Clinic is to develop nutrition strategies to help achieve and maintain positive health outcomes such as:
- -Stabilized blood glucose levels
- -Improved cholesterol levels
- -Weight loss & maintenance
- -Optimal Energy
- -Adequate vitamin and mineral intake
- -Elimination of gastrointestinal symptoms – bloating, abdominal pain, and abnormal bowel movements.
The clinic is equipped with state of the art INBODY analysis machine, along with experienced dietitians. We provide our patients with tailor made programs to help them achieve their goals.
It is our priority to keep close follow up with the patients until we make sure that they reached their goals.
We run complete laboratory tests related to each condition sun as diabetes, cholesterol levels etc…
Our physical therapists are specially trained to evaluate and treat developmental conditions, muscle issues, joint problems, and neurological conditions.
Working with a physical therapist can enable your child to:
- -Improve his or her strength, coordination, and balance
- -Develop age-appropriate gross motor skills
- -Increase flexibility, range of motion, and endurance
- -Improve safety, independence, and general mobility
- -Learn new skills or regain previously mastered skills
- -Relieve pain
- -Restore his or her mobility after surgery
- -Maximize mobility for those with conditions that affect the muscles, bones, or joints
Don’t be surprised if your child looks forward to each appointment, due to our play-focused approach around engaging games and exercises.
Pediatric conditions we treat:
- -Birth defects (Brachial plexus injury)
- -Cancer-related conditions
- -Cerebral palsy
- -Delays in gross and fine motor development
- -Genetic problems (Down syndrome, Torticollis, spina bifida)
- -Head injury
- -Injury, most commonly due to sports activities, which may include sprains, strains, fractures, or broken bones
- -Limb deficiency
- -Muscle disease
- -Bell’s Palsy
- -We receive musculoskeletal disorders patients such as; patients with Degenerative joint diseases: (E.g., knee OA).
- -Post immobilization disorders: (fractures of spine vertebrae or peripheral limbs)
- -Post-surgical rehabilitation: (Hip & knee Arthroplasty, internal fixation, tendon & ligamentous repair)
- -Cervical and lumbar spine disorders & surgeries: (e.g. ankylosing spondylitis, Post lumbar Laminectomy, Spondylolysis, Spondylolysis)
- -Postural disorders: (e.g. Scoliosis Mechanical neck& back pain, upper &lower crossed syndrome)
- -Inflammatory disorders: (e.g. Impingement syndrome, Supraspinatus tendinitis, Achilles tendinitis, Planter facilities, Tennis elbow)
- -Ligamentous injuries: (e.g. MCL sprain, LCL Sprain, ACL Sprain, ACL Reconstruction, PCL injury, PCL Reconstruction.
- -We receive Neuromuscular Disorders patients such as: Spinal cord Injury (SCI), Paraplegia, Stroke, Facial palsy, Polyneuropathy, cervical & lumbar discogenic lesions
Woman health Clinic
Physical therapy for Women’s health specializes in dealing with women during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period in addition to dealing with the diseases and routine physical care of the reproductive system for women and girls.
Biofeedback therapyBiofeedback is a technique you can use to learn to control some of your body’s functions, such as your heart rate. During biofeedback, you’re connected to electrical sensors that help you receive information about your body. This feedback helps you make subtle changes in your body, such as relaxing certain muscles, to achieve the results you want, such as reducing pain. In essence, biofeedback gives you the ability to practice new ways to control your body, often to improve a health condition or physical performance.
Biofeedback is indicated for many cases:
Chronic pain, Urinary Incontinence, Hypertension, Headaches, Migraine, enhancing knee extension after an ACL reconstruction, Fibromyalgia, Neck pain, Post traumatic stress syndrome, Balance disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Vaginal conesVaginal cones are weighted devices consisting of a set of 5 weights, varying from 20 gm to 70 gm designed to increase the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. The intravaginal weight provides the sensory feedback for the desired pelvic muscle contraction. The sustained contraction required to retain the weight within the vagina increases the strength of the pelvic floor muscles.