Activities of the second day of the The first international forum for developing of the small and medium enterprises at BUC. In the presence of the members of the forum, they discussed the recommendations of the forum.
Of The First International Symposium for the Development of Small and Medium Enterprises
Saturday 13/8/2016, JW Marriot Hotel
Sunday, 8/14/2016, Badr University (BUC) in Cairo
Badr University in Cairo, in cooperation with the Faculty of Commerce – Ain Shams University
And the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises
The Symposium discussed the problems of small, micro, and medium enterprises and entrepreneurship on Saturday and Sunday 13, and 14 August, 2016 over three sessions:
The opening session addressed the general framework of the problems of this sector, while the second handled the academic vision of small and medium enterprises. Finally, the third session was devoted to the presentation of different international experiences in the development of small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurship: in Scotland and Italy. A round table has also been held as a workshop attended by representatives from Italy, Scotland and Egypt to discuss recent developments in this field.
The activities of the symposium came up with the following recommendations:
- Finding a standardized definition of micro, small and medium enterprises to unify the financial and regulatory treatment when dealing with governmental and private financial institutions.
- Creating a governmental entity that applies the concept of one-stop shop, and that holds all the procedures necessary for assessing the feasibility of the micro, small and medium enterprises, and that facilitates the rules of tax treatment for these projects, as well as to solve the problems that could hinder the discontinuity of these projects. In addition, this organization should help in simplifying the financing procedures of these projects, and in supporting it during its operative processes, as well as to find outlets for the distribution of its products domestically and abroad. Finally, to provide the owners of these projects with any modern techniques that appear in this field.
- The issuance of a unified legislation and organizing regulations for all aspects related to micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Finding a framework of the tax treatment of the micro, small and medium enterprises that aims at reducing the cost of the tax on these projects, encouraging investment in this sector, and maintaining its continuity in order to achieve social justice.
- Finding a general strategy of the country in dealing with the micro, small and medium enterprises that include the fields, objectives and desired outcomes, providing that these projects are directly related to the economic and social plan of the country, and that this strategy includes models of micro, small, and medium enterprises.
- Creating a database to provide information about/of micro, small and medium enterprises.
- establishing a general union for investors in micro, small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurship, that functions as a sponsor/patron and supporter of these projects from the beginning of the feasibility study, the establishment and the during implementation -including tax treatment. As well as to help these projects pursue their interests with the authorities and official institutions and defending the interests of the owners of these projects generally.
- The establishment of sub-quality clusters comprising groups of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs to take advantage of economies of scale and increase the effectiveness of mass marketing the products of these projects.
- To Support the culture of micro, small and medium enterprises environmentally and socially.
- To emphasis on the role to be played by these projects in the following areas:
- Reducing unemployment.
- Encouraging individuals to invest.
- Reducing imports and contributing in increasing the volume of exports.
- Contributing in strengthening the formal economy.
- The Establishment of training centers for training and qualifying entrepreneurs to prepare feasibility studies, and the evaluation of the projects and of technical, administrative, financial and marketing skills to create micro, small and medium enterprises, as well as linking graduation projects in the Egyptian Universities with this type of projects.
- To ask the educational institutions, and practice entities to contribute in the management of micro, small and medium enterprises, and in the preparation of specialized cadres/clusters that can establish and manage such projects and market their products.
- To Develop the plans and mechanisms necessary for the integration of the micro, small and medium enterprises, as nutritious industries for large projects.
- To encourage Egyptians abroad to support micro, small and medium enterprises financially and help in opening outlet ports to distribute its products abroad.
- To communicate with the relevant authorities in the country- in particular- the Ministry of Investment, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Finance, the Educational institutions, and the concerned committees in the House of Representatives/ The Parliament, the NGOs and the private sector, to develop the necessary mechanisms to implement these recommendations, and put it into practice.