Prof.DR. MOHAMMED BADR ELDIN ABOUL-ELA
|Full Name:||Mohammed Badr Eldin Aboul-Ela|
|Date of Birth:||26/06/1948|
|Address:||Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, P.O.Box 51433, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.|
|Tel:||(+971) 2- 6427772 office
(+971) 50- 6169143 mobile
|Fax:||(+971) 2 – 6428488|
Ph.D. Animal Physiology, 1980, University of Aberdeen, UK.
M.Sc. Animal Breeding, 1973, Cairo University, Egypt.
B.Sc. Agricultural Sciences (Animal Production), 1967, Cairo University, Egypt.
I- National Prize for Research in Agricultural Sciences, Egypt, 1987.
2- AbdeI-Hamid Showman’s Prize for Best Young Scientists in Agricultural Research in the Arab World, 1988.
3- Presidential Distinction Medal, awarded by the President of Egypt for Excellence in Research, 1994.
I. Member of the teaching staff at the Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agriculture, Mansoura University, Egypt (Instructor, 1970-1973; Lecturer, 1973-1975, Assistant Professor of Animal Physiology, 1984-1987; Associate Professor of Animal Physiology, 1984-1987; Professor of Animal Physiology, 1987 – to date (still holding this title, while currently on Leave of Absence to UAE).
2. Visiting Professor & Coordinator of World Animal Production M.Sc. Program, University College of North Wales, Bangor, UK, July 1987-August 1988.
3. Chair, Department of Animal Production, College of Agricultural Sciences, UAE University, September 1988 – August 1990.
4. Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences, UAE University, August 1990 – August 1992.
5. Counselor for Academic Affairs, UAE University, September 1992 – August 1996.
6. Chair, Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agriculture, Mansoura University, Egypt, October 1997- July 2000.
7. Commissioner, Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, UAE, August 2000- December 2006.
8. Director, Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, UAE, December 2006 — to date.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION EXPERIENCE:
A. At Mansoura University, Egypt:
Chair, Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agriculture, October 1997- October 1999.
Chair, Curriculum Development Committee, Faculty of Agriculture, October 1996- October 1998.
Chair, Scientific Equipment Committee, Faculty of Agriculture, October 1996- October 1998 & October 1985- Junel 986.
Member, Library Committee, Faculty of Agriculture, October 1983-0ctober 1985.
Member, University-wide Scientific Equipment Committee, October 1984-0ctober 1986.
B. At UAE University:
Counselor for Academic Affairs, September 1990 – August 1996.
Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences, UAE University, August 1990 -August 1992.
Director, Faculty Development and Recruitment Center, 1994-1996.
Chair, Department of Animal Production, September 1988-August 1990.
Chair, University Curriculum Committee, 1994-1996.
Coordinator of External Evaluation Activities of Academic Programs, 1992-1996.
Member of the following University-wide Committees:
University Budget, 1992-1996
Graduate Studies, 1993-1996
Scientific Research Council, 1993-1995
Faculty Promotion, 1994-1996
Faculty Promotion, College of Medicine & Health Sciences, 1994-1996
Non-school Staffing, 1993-1996
By-laws Reviewing and Development, 1992-1994
Establishment and Follow-up of Faculty of Medicine Building, 1993-1996
Library Development, 1994-1995
Coordination with Ministry of Education, and Ministry of Agriculture, 1992-1994.
Principal Investigator of the following Research Projects:
In Egypt (Mansoura University)
- Use of Radioisotopes in Buffalo Reproduction , as part of International Research Network financed by TAEA, 1983-1986 (US$ 30,000)
- Improvement of Buffalo Fertility , financed by Academy of Science & Technology, 1996-1999 (US$ 180, 000)
- Use of Biotechnology for Improvement of Milk Production in Egyptian Buffaloes, financed by Ministry of Agriculture, 1996- 1999 (US$ 10,000)